I was tagged by my fellow book lover, and Hamilton fan, Meg@BetweenThePages13, so thanks for that!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog
1.What is your favourite beverage?
It changes depending on the time of year, but right now I adore the Peach Lemonade Iced Tea from Starbucks. Although Cafe Nero’s Lemonade is pretty good too.
2.What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
The last book I finished was Exit West by Mohsin Hamid, and it was okay, not my fave.
3.Do you believe in horoscopes and whether they are true?
Sort of… Is that a real answer? I’m a Cancer, a water sign, and I was born in the Year of the Rat. I like to read my horoscope, and I’m hoping to go and get my fortune told in the near future, but I don’t run my life around it.
4.What inspired the name of your blog?
Carton-Manette-Darnay, is for all those Dickens fans out there, because it’s made up from the surnames of the main characters in A Tale of Two Cities. You might also recognise it if you’re a hard core Infernal Devices fan, because Will constantly compares himself to Carton. Basically, it combines my love for Victorian Literature and YA.
5.Who is your biggest inspiration?
I wouldn’t really say I have any inspirations… I watched Hidden Figures for the first time a couple of month back, and Katherine Johnson story was inspiring, like I-will-name-my-child-after-you inspiring. I also was inspired by V.E. Schwab’s Oxford lecture, and really wish I could have been there. Also, Alexander Hamilton inspires me in the way that he wrote his way out.
6.What is your favourite place to eat out at?
I love going for brunch at Bills with my friends!
7.What is your favourite meal? Any reason why?
I had a steak at Miller and Crater the other day, with a side of lobster mac & cheese, and it was delicious.
8.What is your least favourite film? Why?
I watched The Hitman’s Bodyguard the other day and had to force myself to finish it. It was as though someone had a hard, drama, script and just let Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson ad-lib it. Basically, it just felt very disjointed, and not very funny, the plot was to heavy and complex for the comedic angle that the actors were taking. Would not recommend.
9.What’s your favourite thing about reading?
I love the escapism.
10.Name your top 5 auto-buy authors?
Samantha Shannon. V.E. Schwab. Victoria Aveyard. Patrick Ness. Sarah J. Maas (just about clinging on to this list after my disappointment in ACOFAS)
11.What was the last book you bought?
The last book I bought (I’m about to buy more, so this won’t be very accurate for very long) was the kindle edition of False Papers by Andre Aciman. It’s a collection of fourteen essays on exile and home.
- What is your favourite sort of post to write?
- How old is your blog?
- How old are you?
- What’s a genre you don’t read enough of?
- Who were your first 5 followers?
- What was the best book you read last month?
- On average, how many book do you read a month?
- What’s the last thing you watched on Netflix?
- Are you a mood reader, or do you have a strict TBR?
- Do you prefer summer, or winter?
- If you money was no object, and you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?